What we’re looking for
We are looking for individuals who know how to code and wand to help us bring a customized server experience to life within the Minecraft game. We want people with at least an intro level experience/skills with coding in any language, as well as those willing, to learn new coding languages and programming skills. A great Developer is someone who is able to do a code project on their own and in a timely manner with high quality for the server using the tools and resources we provide.
Developers are responsible for all custom code on the back-end of OneBigNation. Developers are part-time/full-time associates who can log on and off the server without any set work hours, however, they may have assigned project timelines that they should follow. The workload on Developers is usually set by management and paced per the needs of the server/ project being worked on. Depending on the work being requested of Developers, they may be paid commission for their time and work efforts. This is determined and set by the Chief Technologies Officer. The developer is the base role for programmers on the server who may also be provided opportunities to promote into higher building level positions such as I.T. Trainer, Project Leader, and Systems Coordinator.
While Developers are directly responsible for coding all features on the server, their role may encompass building or technical work as well as guest moderation and interaction whilst on the server and not in an official feature testing capacity. Senior Developers with high skill level and top performance review by Management, are also given opportunities to start and work on/Manage their own projects, or new and upcoming Projects for the server. Depending on server needs and current staffing abilities, Developers may be allowed to pick their projects or have them assigned by Management.
- Completing assigned project tasks in a timely manner
- Learning & following the ParkMaster development process
- Researching proper PkOSGi coding practices
- Mastering programming using the Kotlin language
- Learning from constructive criticism by Management
- Participating in professional development training
- Efficiently communicating work progress to supervisors
- Working as a part of a high functioning team of developers for projects
- Report directly to the Dev Project Leader and/or Systems Coordinator
- Must have basic coding ability *Preferably Kotlin however other languages are acceptable
- Minimum availability of four (4) hours per week [Part-Time]
- Minimum availability of ten (10) hours per week [Full-Time]
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age to make optional commission pay
- Developers under this age may still work for us but do not qualify for commission pay
- A discord account with a working microphone
- Must be able to speak with Management for an interview
- The ability to download IntelliJ IDE or use a form of IDE platform
- The ability to download program files provided by management
- The ability to share/upload program files to DevOps management
- Basic English speaking or typing communication ability
- Complete OBNX Orientation & Traditions upon being hired
- Progress through College Program training before full promotion into this role
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to participate in server top-secret projects that may require developers to sign non-disclosure legal agreements.
- Developers under this age may still work for us, but do not qualify for work on projects that require the signing of legal secrecy documents
Remember, when filling out an application it is always beneficial to tell us as much about you as you possibly can. When we read applications all we know about you is whatever you put into your application. It can be hard to get to know a person by reading about them, which is how we decide if we want to interview you in the next stage of the hiring process.
If you have any previous experience it is always a good idea to upload pictures, videos, or other supporting documentation files to this application in the portfolio section. You add that extra WOW factor for us when we read your application, and it really helps us determine if you are the right choice for this position. If you do not have any portfolio experience to provide us, that is completely okay! We read every application with a fresh open mind and we are really simply looking for people who we know have the potential to do great things here at OneBigNation!
The last question in the application is Required for Developers! If you have a GitHub/Another portfolio repository with previous coding work to showcase- please link it in the last question box. If you do not have one you may use this box to brag about yourself or simply give us some fun facts about you and your life. Our team absolutely loves to read about everyone’s unique backgrounds and experiences!